22 Mar PROPERTY OWNERS BEWARE: NEW GENERAL VALUATION ROLL MAY AFFECT YOUR MONTHLY RATES
- On the 1st of July 2019, the new General Valuation Roll (GVR) will be implemented.
- The GVR provides an updated valuation of your property, which may mean increased amounts payable in monthly rates for property owners.
- Rates may be higher if the valuation of your property is increased.
- From the 21st of February 2019 to the 30th of April 2019, the City of Cape Town is allowing for viewing and objections. We encourage all property owners to either in person, or online, view the new valuation of your property and submit objections should there be disagreement with the proposed valuation.
- You can find the new valuations at http://www.capetown.gov.za/Family%20and%20home/Residential-property-and-houses/property-valuations/current-and-upcoming-valuations